Who doesnt love to snack…..i love to snack and im a savoury person too so its chips and dips for me usualy…..untill i discovered the amazing mr kale 🙂 kale is a dark green leafy vegetable so its packed full of vitamins and minerals…..
* High in Iron- Per calorie, kale has more iron than beef. Iron is essential for good health, such as the formation of hemoglobin and enzymes, transporting oxygen to various parts of the body, cell growth, proper liver function……great way for us vegetarians/vegans to get some iron 🙂
* Anti-Inflammatory food- One cup of kale is filled with 10% of the RDA of omega-3 fatty acids, which help, fight against arthritis, asthma and autoimmune disorders.
* Cardiovascular support- Eating more kale can help lower cholesterol levels.
* Vitamin A- Vitamin A is great for your vision, your skin as well as helping to prevent lung and oral cavity cancers.
* Vitamin C- This is very helpful for your immune system, your metabolism and your hydration.
* High in Calcium- Per calorie, kale has more calcium than milk, which aids in preventing bone loss, preventing osteoporosis and maintaining a healthy metabolism. Vitamin C is also helpful to maintain cartilage and joint flexibility!!
* Detox food- Kale is filled with fiber and sulfur, both great for detoxing your body and keeping your liver healthy.
* Vitamin K- Eating a diet high in Vitamin K can help protect against various cancers. It is also necessary for a wide variety of bodily functions including normal bone health and the prevention of blood clotting. Also increased levels of vitamin K can help people suffering from Alzheimer’s disease.
* Low in Calorie- High in fiber and has zero fat. One cup of kale has only 36 calories, 5 grams of fiber and 0 grams of fat. It is great for aiding in digestion and elimination with its great fiber content. It’s also filled with so many nutrients, vitamins, folate and magnesium.
You can use kale in soups and stews too……WHATS NOT TO LOVE…. 🙂