hey 🙂 hope your all well and enjoying some nice autumnal weather…..im still eating soups due to my jaw problem but im having fun with it….im gonna lose a few lbs (hopefully lol) for my hubby getting home from work in a month or two so the challenge is on with a few of my girlfriends were doing workouts everyday and eating healthy as usual but as im eating soups i have to switch things up a bit …..this recipe is for the “cabbage soup diet” which is a ridiculous diet if u ask me your body needs all sorts to keep healthy not just soup (try telling my dentist that lmao) but i really love the soup so if i can have yummy soup then thats all i care about….also i sometimes add a handful of wholewheat mini pasta shapes or even break up spaghetti into it for a filling meal 🙂 so if your losing weight or just fancy some soup here it is …….
ingredients for serving 4 people: you need a really big pot if not then just cut the recipe down
- 1/2 white cabbage chopped into chunks
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 ribs of celery chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped (any colour)
- handful chopped mushrooms
- 1 leek chopped
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1ltr vegetable stock or bouillon
- salt and pepper to taste
- throw all your chopped veg and stock into a pot along with the tomatoes and simmer foe an hour to an hour and a half giving it a stir every so often to make sure it doesn’t stick to the pot and taste then add your salt and pepper according to taste.
- once its ready it will keep in the fridge for a couple days or freeze in portions for use when you feel like some soup 🙂
you can add chili powder or some hot sauce if you like too, i don’t usually but from time to time i like to spice things up 🙂