Hey i just made this little delight tonight as i make lots of variations of pasta with broccoli as i love love love it….this recipe just takes about half an hour all in to make and tastes deeelish too 🙂 im posting a quicker variation too so that if your stuck for a super quick lunch or dinner thats always a winner you can throw some pasta an broccoli in a pot an mix in some vegan parmasan and some vegan butter and salt and pepper and thats it done…..if you like some spice in your life add a pinch of chilli flakes (you can do this with the roasted one too)
* bunch broccoli cut into bitesize florets
* 6 or 7 garlic cloves, smoosh them in there skins and keep whole (just enough to open them a little)
* 200g dry pasta i use anything with ridges
* salt and cracked black pepper to taste
* extra virgin olive oil
* vegan parmasan cheese (not the dry stuff)
1. Preheat oven to gas 6, 200ºc, 400ºf
2. Scatter the broccoli and garlic onto a baking trey and drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper and roast for about 20~30 mins until tender.
3. Meanwhile boil some water in a large pot and when it hits a rolling boil add a good handful of salt, add the pasta and boil until the pasta is al dente which means your pasta should have a little bite to it not soggy and overcooked, noone likes overcooked pasta lol
4. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta cooking water and drain the rest and drizzle some extra virgin onto the drained pasta and add back into the pot, add a splash of cooking water and the broccoli, smoosh your garlic between your fingers to remove the cloves and add to your pasta, add some salt and pepper and parmasan and toss to coat……add to your bowls and add some more parmasan ontop and your done.
ps. i just got instagram so trying out some new filters xx
Hope you enjoy the recipe 🙂 ♡♥♡♥