hello foodies 🙂 hope everyone is well and hope you are not having the same horrible wet weather were having here its horrible….i have a cheek to complain because we dont get hurricanes and horrible things like that just rain, wind and very slippy leafs on the ground lol anyways back to the food……you need to promise me you wont tell on me but im still supposed to be on a soup and mooshy food but today i needed to eat some tacos so i did…..im paying for it now since my jaw is agony but it was sooooo worth it !! thats how i know these are great haha Also i would like to introduce you to a healthier way to have tacos and guacamame is extra special as it tastes just like traditional guacamole but with half the fat and more vitamins 🙂 win win situation right there!!
1lbs veggie crumbles (minced beef style)
2tsp chili powder
2tsp ground cumin
1tsp garlic salt
1tsp black pepper
few splashes of tabasco depending on how hot you like it
1/2tsp dijon mustard
1/4tsp chilli flakes
1/2 onion chopped
1/2 tin chopped tomatoes
4 wholewheat tortilla wraps
1. fry your onions in a tbsp of vegetable oil until translucent then add the crumbles until cooked then add all the spices and sauces along with your tomatoes and fry for about 15mins…….
2. while thats cooking now make your guacamame and salsa and set aside (directions below)
3. to make your taco shells preheat oven at gas 5 you take your tortillas and heat for about 20seconds just to soften in the microwave and spray with some low calorie cooking spray and hang over the racks in the oven and bake for about 3-4 mins you can keep them in longer or shorter depending on how crispy or soft you like them.
1/2 avocado (ripe)
cup cooked edamame beans cooled
juice of 1/2 lime
1 tomato fine chopped
salt and pepper
1spring onion chopped fine (scallion)
1/2tsp garlic salt
handfull of chopped parsley (you can use corriander but im not a fan)
1. moosh everything together and taste and add salt and pepper and more tabasco to taste
4 tomatoes, chopped
1/2 red onion chopped fine
juice of 1/2 lime
1/2 jalapeno pepper (or a couple pickled jalapenos chopped)
handfull of chopped fresh parsley
1. mix everything together and taste and add some salt and pepper to taste.
ps….hope you enjoy 🙂 and sorey for the bad photos my fancy camera was out of batterys and i used my phone but it gets the idea out there!